Jacquesson et Fils was founded in 1798 in Dizy by Memmie Jacquesson. It was Napoleon’s favorite Champagne, and he awarded the maison several medals for excellence. But the modern history of the estate started in 1974 when it was purchased by Jean Chiquet. Today Jacquesson is owned and operated by Chiquet’s sons, Laurent and Jean-Herve. The 75 acres of vineyards produce about 350,000 bottles of Champagne a year. Vineyards are located in the Grand Cru villages of Ay, Avize and Oiry, and several Premier Cru villages.